Dispose of confidential records and documents safely.Each year, many households and businesses haphazardly dispose of an immense amount of confidential information. Trash bags and recycling bins are full of vital and revealing documentation, which can end up in the wrong hands too easily. Too often, criminals sort through garbage and gather personal information in an attempt to steal one’s identity for financial gain.
The Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA) disposal rule specifies that companies “must properly dispose of such information by taking reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to or use of the information in connection with its disposal.”
SuperSpace offers a safe way for records and documents to be destroyed in a protected environment. We ensure that your confidential information remains secure from the time of collection to the time of destruction. Bonded and insured, we use enclosed, secured bins that are locked in an alarmed storage unit, which is also monitored with 24 hour video surveillance.
Document shredding at SuperSpace is not only useful for consumers, but it is also helpful for the environment. Here are some interesting facts about recycling:
- 17 trees are spared when one ton of paper is recycled
- In one year, a supermarket goes through 60,500,000 paper bags
- The average American uses seven trees a year in paper, wood and other products made from trees
- The amount of wood and paper we throw away each year could heat 50,000,000 homes for 20 years
- Approximately one billion trees worth of paper are thrown away every year in the U.S.